What is the key to true contentment?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Developing inner peace, wisdom, and kindness in yourself. Wishing the same happiness and contentment on all other human beings. Changing expectations or desires if they create suffering instead of happiness.

“I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life. Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace.”--Dalai Lama
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010