Why did you get married?

Why did you get married? Was it because of a pregnancy, financial security, loneliness or wanting to get out of the family home?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I married my dh because I love him. No strings attached..... I am in love with my husband. I wasn't pregnant, we haven't had our first child yet. We were probably more financially secured before being married. I don't get lonely. I cherish my alone time. I really do like to be alone alot! And I was already on my own out of my parent's house.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because I was committed to spending the rest of my life with the most wonderful man and best friend I had ever met.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because I had found the right man. The one that I wanted to share the rest of my life, dreams, hopes and eventually children with,
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because I loved him with all my heart
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because I loved my man, was ready to make a lifetime commitment, and believe the only right way to live with him and have a family was to get married.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I married Orion because I love him to death and he makes my life happy. We dated and were engaged for a long time before we got married, about 5+ years. I wanted to make sure he was the right one.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because my husband and I are entirely compatible, and he was the only person that would be good enough to be my spouse and father my kids. We were friends for a couple years beforehand, and even during that period, I knew he was the most special man I had ever met.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• none of the above... I couldn't imagine my life without him and love him so much that I just wanted to be a wife and have a family.... cheesy I know but I did it because I wanted to not because I had to.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because he is good in bed.

Really.
    Well, we only knew each other 2 1/2 months, what'd you expect? And, we just knew we were meant to be together. We were inseparable (is that spelled right? doesn't look right, but that's how spell check spelled it). It all just felt right, and no, not only the sex. I guess we were right, it will be 15 years in 18 days and a few hours!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We didn't want my family to have any say over my medical choices should something happen to me during labor... We wanted my DH to have those rights because we felt he would make the choices I would want, where my family would make choices based on their own beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010