Do you think that fidelity is important?

Do you feel that men can be monogamous? Should we be monogamous?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, I've been married for almost 30 years and both myself and my husband have been monogamous so, yes, I know it can be done. But I think it's much harder than it was in prior generations because we all act like flitting from bed to bed is no big deal anymore.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes I feel we all can, Its a choice that everyone makes. I personally think that it is very important.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Extremely and yes of course we can. and so can men.

Answer by older at 9:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because fidelity is premised in trust. The human hierarchy of needs per Maslow requires trust should the higher level "needs" be met.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes. I think those who can't be monogamous are simply self absorbed only caring about their own needs. They probably should stay single and get permanent birth control so they don't bring a bunch of screwed up kids into the world.
    Anonymous

• Without a doubtm I think it is important. I would not be in a relationship with my husband if I doubted the fact that he could be monogamous. Now do I think that is the right relationship for everyone not necessarily. I think that if someone wanted to be in a plural marriage or open relationship that is up to them it is just not for me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No. I don't think we are meant to be monogamous. My husband, on the other hand disagrees with me... Go figure. I believe in open marriage & plural marriage, he is a one man one woman kind of guy... So I guess it just depends on how flexible someone is.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it is very important in a relationship! I think it's very sad if you need to deal with a cheating spouse especially if you truly love them and have been in the marriage for so many years. It is downright heartbreaking!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes it' important if two people really care about one another it should be hard to be faithful towards one another
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• In all honesty, I think that men that are faithful and those that cheat it is more genentics than not... rounder faces, hairy, ect seemto be more faithful compared to those that have a slnder face and sleek build. I watched a piece once, and it makes sense when I go through all those I dated... and those that cheated and were loosers even fit the physical aspects! My husband of going on 13 years has a rounder face, hairy chest, and lots of male hormone... and he is faithful to a fault!!! I do believe that human males can be faithful, but it is genentics...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010