Nutrious yet filling.

I am having a problem. It has come to my attention that If one is no longer pregnant then one should no longer eat as if one is still pregnant. I really am having a hard time with that. I enjoy eating! I need some ideas and nutrious yet filling food ideas. I love fruits and lean cuisines but I am 5'10 and they do not last me very long. I admit my exercising is something that I WILL have to work on. Any good suggestions to do with a baby?

portakolis08

Asked by portakolis08 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Health

• :) I'm sorry but your first line or so made me giggle :) too cute the way you phrased it! :)

put baby in stroller and go for a nice long walk :) point out things to baby as you go and talk to baby so you aren't bored :) just ignore anyone that looks at you like you are nuts though LOL
    get some ankle weights and even wrist weights while doing it.

the weights are also good just wear anytime like while cleaning and such.

protein keeps me full the longest...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thanks flutterfae :)

portakolis08

Answer by portakolis08 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Fiber! Fiber! & yes protein will be your key to fullness. Go for Oatmeal, Beans,Pears,Broccoli. Your body will have to get use to these things if you don't eat them much but they are guaranteed to keep you full longer. You will even notice weight loss too. oooohhhh noooooo! ha. Not such a terrible thing after having a baby huh?!

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Your best bet is to combine protein and fiber...have an apple and peanut butter together. Whole grain crackers and cheese. Avoid simple carbs, as they whiz right on through without much help..when you eat things like rice or pasta, make sure you have protein with them and use whole grains when you can. A sandwich of lean turkey on whole grain bread with mustard and whatever veggies you like will stay with you longer, and give you more nutrition than a lean cuisine. Chili is also a great choice because you can use lean cuts of meat, and lots of beans (which have fiber AND protein) and veggies...you get lots of nutrition and it will keep you feeling full for a while. I make chili with kidney, cannelini, and black beans..the combination adds to both the nutrition and to the satisfaction level.
    Have fun :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• walking around the zoo with the stroller is my favorite thing to do.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008