Pickey Eater

my daughter is a very pickey eater...where can i find healthy recipes that she would enjoy?

tanya120

Asked by tanya120 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter is extremely picky. she is also on the autism spectrum so it's the textures and smells. i try to make it fun for her. try something always once, but next time spice it up. use color dye for mashed taters, or organize food on the plate in silly pictures. those zoo pals plates are a good motivator. they have to eat their food to see the animal hiding. my daughter's specialist says consistency. just keep reintroducing! just some ideas. good luck!
    jessiex3

Answer by jessiex3 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• make the food into fun shapes and faces, take a sandwich and use a cookie cutter to make it a fun shape etc.
    also my DD loves fresh fruit to snack on, you can make fruit smoothies instead of icecream, etc.
    heres a link for recipes for picky eaters that are healthy, maybe a few will help
    http://family.go.com/food/pkg-cooking-for-kids/
    babystew

Answer by babystew at 10:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010