If your inlaws HATED you , would you marry their son?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• only if you have a strong constiution and you are not easily affected by how others regard you. It also depends on whether he is still attached to his mothers unbiblical cord and whether he is weak or strong. If he is spineless and allows his mother to control him, then you are setting yourself up for problems. and why would you want to be in a situation in which you can't possibly expect him to choose you over your on mother. Now if he doesn't have a relationship with the inlaws that you have issues with, that is one thing. Use common sense and look at the writing on the wall. Why don't you wait a little bit longer and allow time and life to just happen. why are you so anxious. Wait, before you end of making a choice you regret. Pray on it and whatever your instinct tells you to do, do it. put your emotions and ego to the side so that you can be wise and use discernment
    ladyofhonor

Answer by ladyofhonor at 11:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, because I am marrying him not them. I would expect him to let them know that they must be respectful and polite and if he didn't so that and stand up for me, then I wouldn't marry him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it depends on your boyfriend/fiance if he shows any signs of being a momma's boy, then yes that would be a BIG red flag. But otherwise, it isn't . I wouldn't say you marry him , you marry his family. There will always be a connection between you and them of course, but if your husband always gives " you " your place I think it'll work. That's the part that matters most, and that you always remain respectful too.
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 10:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, if you love him and he loves you. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 10:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I did, lol
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I did. His mom gave him an ultimatum telling him to chose between me and her. I didn't want it to come to that noone should have to make that decision, but he chose me. We've been married five years now, and she moved four hours away and told everyone I stole her baby lol.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If he was willing to stand up to them for me, yes. If he would never take my side, never stick up for me when they put me down, I would have to think long and hard about it. But then again, he if wouldn't do that, I don't know why I would want to marry him to begin with.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• of course. it's about love not about them. nine times out of ten they grow to like if not love you anyway~ :)
    jessiex3

Answer by jessiex3 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• ~*Hell Yeah*~... I can care less about what my husband's family think of me, I am in love with himnot them... they are just a side effect of having such an amazing husband! They do not pay my bills, they donot sleep in my bed, and they sure as hell donot raise our kids! So, what character, intellect, and so forth my husband has meanmore than some crap I was forced to see a few times a year...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes and did! Now they arent an issue. he choose me, while was born into them. He rather have a life with me and children then deal with his controling manipulitive family. Goodridence!
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010