Does anyone ever get so upset they turn physically abusive towards SO??

I have always had a bad temper. But I have noticed an increase in my need to physically abuse or throw things. I am taking anger mgmt. classes to help me. I don't want to be this way, but at the time I feel like it's the only way to get through to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• no I am very calm...maybe too calm! LOL My SO has more of a temper. He has thrown things not at me but when he gets mad about something he has thrown and its never when we argue just everyday frustrations we all get. He started going to counseling and that has helped him.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have never hit my husband out of anger. There was a few times I wanted to slap him but I didn't. If I hit him he has every right to hit me. No one should hit anyone
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Never.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 10:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes and I didn punch him. It didn't fix the problem and I still felt like you do. He never validated my feelings and always made me out to be the bad guy which only made my temper worse. he never apologized and only cared about himself...even when it came to our DD.

The best thing I did was to divorce him. He agrees now.

I would say that you aren't the only one that needs therapy. It is obvious that he doesn't listen to you or acknowledge your feelings. That means that he also has a problem. Anger management isn't the solution in that case.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have when I was younger, age has mellowed me out.

Answer by older at 10:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes because he interrupts and doesn't listen and then bitches that I'm just screaming and not communicating. Meanwhile, he's being manipulative and ugly too. It can be awful. I have left at 3AM before to get a break from him. Once, I threw a plate at his head but he ducked. I wished it had hit his pretty face. Just one time. He's as guilty if not worse than me. Good luck but you aren't alone.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't get abusive. We never fight to the point where I'd get mad enough to even want to. There have been a few times over the years that I've wanted to smack him, lol, but I haven't.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Me and my fathers xon has gotten into an argument awhile back. He started hitting me and I started hitting him back but him bing stronger he beat me up pretty good, I should never hit him and he never ever should have put his hands on me. Women or man abuse is abuse and it is not right.
    Anonymous

• I HAVE A REALLY BAD TEMPER BUT I AM WORKING ON THAT ASAP. BUT SOMETIMES YOU CAN NOT HELP IT YOU GET SO MAD UNTILL YOU BREALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• YES YES AND YES......Me and my BF of 3 years just broke up because over the 3 years i have thrown bottles at him in his car, and yes they were quite full. and have called him very bad names. But, like a lot of women who have responded to this question. He too, did not validate my feelings, and always told me i was wrong and always tried to control me, my thoughts and my feelings. And when i had, had enough..I retaliated and became verbally and physically abusive towards him. I never actually hit him....But, when he broke it off with me about a week ago. He told me it was because he was afraid of me. And would do things for me, just so i did not get mad at him......

And now, i am heart broken....But, i suppose i can only blame myself. ?
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2010