Sister jealous about baby...

My sister and I used to be extremely close. I protected her from more than one of her abusive boyfriends, and we talked every single day. Both of us had trouble conceiving. We both tried infertility procedures. (The same one). I got pregnant the first time and four times later she never did. She barely even talks to me anymore and told everyone shes mad at me for getting pregnant. I always wanted her to be the Godmother of my first born child. Now, I just miss her. She stopped coming around completely when I was seven months pregnant and was showing. The worst part is my daughter will never know her aunt. I guess I don't really have a question. She'll come around whenever she is ready to, but did anyone else go through something similar like this??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 10:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• its understandable she is a bit envious but she has taken this to whole other level. give her time and space she might come around in her own time.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sorry your having to go thru this. Have to tryed telling her what you told us? That you miss her, and just want her back in your life?
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 10:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yeah, she said she's still my sister. She's just not around.
    bseastrand

Comment by bseastrand (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Maybe start small and just ask her to go to lunch with you. I know your baby is everything to you but since she is having such a hard time with it maybe you could try to keep the conversation away from your baby for now since that is whats hurting her. Then when you get to a point when thing maybe are looking a little better and you feel you can talk to her about the issues, let her know that you love her and will help her in anyway you can.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 10:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I didn't really have to go through it so much because I had a miscarraige but my "sister" during her first marraige was having a really tough time getting pregnant at the same time as I got pregnant purely by accident. I called to tell her right away even knowing and could tell she was upset about it but putting on a brave face and had told her that when it would come time to find out that she'd be more than welcome to come up and be with us and I just was intending to let her sort of live vicariously through my pregnancy at the time if she wanted. But in the end I miscarried and a year later she was with someone knew and expecting her own baby by the time we found out Mr. Ryker was coming onto the scene.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010