How old was your child when ..

How old was your child when they slept through the whole night without waking up?

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 10:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well babies r different my oldest is 8yrs and she didnt sleep through the night till she was 5months, my 6yrs slept through the night as soon as i brought her home, my 5yrs was 2months and my 8month old was 3months.
    brayashnatjar

Answer by brayashnatjar at 11:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• both of my children before they were a month old and yes I did the same as scanamey77..... a little rice cereal before bed, from a spoon works wonders....but thats very taboo so I dont recommend it unless you and your doc are on the same page. thank god I have a doc that recommends it that way. and sleeping through the night is not the five or six hours youll hear people talk about.... I'm refering to full nights 8-10 hours.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• 3 WEEKS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO. Hopefully my next one will be the same!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• well most people will not be happy with how I went about this but I really needed sleep so I had mine sleeping through the night by 2 months old (of course there were some random nights she would wake up). I am friends with my pediatrician and he was very candid with me so when I told him I was feeding her rice cereal at night before bed he told me it was okay as long as I wasnt giving it to her in a bottle (he didnt want her thinkin all her bottles would have cereal) and as long as she wasnt chokin to get it down it was fine (rice allergies are rare). worked like a charm and to be honest she never really had issues with waking up at night. On the rare occasion that she did I would check on her but would not talk, make eye contact or give her anything to help her back to sleep. Every baby is different so what worked for me may not work for others and always talk to your doc before doing this
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My oldest was 8 weeks, my middle was 12 (just before I went back to work!) and my youngest - well he's 2 and at the moment in MY bed cuz he's not sleeping well these days! lol - but before THIS little set back he was sleeping all night at around that 8 week mark too.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Mine slept through a couple times around 4 - 6 weeks, then once or twice more at 3-4 months, and hasn't done it since. He is now 7 MONTHS! GAAAH!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Mine is almost 10 months old and still wakes once. Sometimes she'll wake twice but that is usually during a growth spurt or teething.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my baby started sleeping thru the night when she was 2.5 years old.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 6:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2010