How old was your child when...

How old was your child when you decided to start potty training??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 10:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• A year and seven months .. Good Luck its alot of work ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I started my first I introduced her to the potty at 10.5 months started training at 12 months, but with her birthday in the spring she did good in the house, but if we were outside she didn't want to do it so I didn't force it, but I would do it if we were in the house and stuff I started doing it more in the winter at 18 months she was fully trained by 19 months

My second I introduced her to the potty at 11 months and started at 13 months (she was keeping her diaper dry at bedtime at 12 months) she cought rotavirus so we had to back off until she got better so she was about 19 or 20 months by the time we started back up she was nearly potty trained before she got sick she would been 16 months old, but ended up being 22 months old
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have boys and they usually need a little more time, 3 was when we started with all of them. One tid bit for you... i learned the hard way with my oldest Never go back to diapers once you start. Plan on not leaving your house for atleast a week and just do it! Its hard but with my oldest we didn't plan on staying home long enough and got sick of cleaning up messes so we went back and forth. It took him forever! My twins one was trained in2 days and the other in 2 weeks. All kids are gonna do it different but they will get it! Good Luck! Pottie training is tough!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 10:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• my daughter was poopie trained before she was 18 months. she was fully potty trained when she was 2.5yrs old.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010