When is the best time to have another kid ?

I have a daughter shes a year and seven months old and i want another kid but i wanna know when is a good time if its best to wait till shes in school or something or a little bit bigger ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• it's only when you and your SO is ready.. If you want one now go for it! some people get pregnant right away after having a baby!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I waited too long my daughter is 10.But I didn't want another until I got pregnant on accident. Then I lost it. I think I would start trying now because it could take time to get pregnant. But by the time you had another your daughter will be starting potty trainning so it wont be too expensive for the diapers.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 10:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• well with my first 2 i waited 5 year sbetween them. then 3 years between the next, and now i will be having them 21 months apart. i would recomend the 3 year range....they get along so well and its so cute.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Really it is what works best for you and your SO. Mine will be 18 months apart- we wanted them close in age, some people prefer more of an age gap-its just personal preference.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It all depends on you, what kind of relationship you want your kids to have, and what you can financially and mentally handle.
    Do you want your kids to play with each other? Be best friends? Or would you rather one be old enough to "help out" and understand a new baby... Also remember that they farther apart they are, the less chances they have of really doing a lot together...
    For me and my SO, we have decided, that until our DD is in school, we don't even want to think about another one. Our daughter is extremely smart, gifted as people say. She needs constant mental stimulation. She is 18 months and knows her ABC's, can count to ten, and even knows how to put on her shoes on the right feet. She is a handful, and ME, well I KNOW I couldn't handle another one right now. I want to be able to give #2 one on one attention, like I did with DD, and the only way I see that happening is if she is in school.
    Good luck.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• The best time is when you are both ready. (emotional, financially)

My kids are going to be 5 yrs apart....and honestly I was hoping for them to be closer together, but I took me a while to conceive #2.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• whenever YOU feel ready.
    m_o_m_m_y

Answer by m_o_m_m_y at 1:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well, i have a friend that has 3 kids and they are all 2yrs apart. it's very stressful for her. she is always tired, and the house chores are endless. She has been buying diapers for over 5yrs now. It depends if that's what you want.

I have a 5yr old daughter and i am expecting my 2nd child. I was able to give my daughter one on one attention and focus on her needs. She is in school now. I will have one on one time with my 2nd child since my daughter will be in school for most of the day. Also my daughter will be able to help out with the baby which is really a nice opportunity for my daughter to learn responsibility and participate in being a big sister.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• it really is all up to you and your SO and how you both feel about having another... just like my SO and i we both want another one and would like it for our children to be 2 to 3 years apart but since my son is now 2 we are now trying for #2.... but it truely is all about what you and you SO want.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The best time is whenever YOU feel ready. Some people prefer kids close together, some don't.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010