PLEASE tell me this is normal

My 3 year old son has been getting into my underwear drawer and putting on my bras, panties, and panty hose. Is this normal? He will also put on my t-shirts and his sisters dresses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, if he doesn't have any brothers, the only people that he can get clothes to play dress up are you and your daughter. My daughter does this as well. She also uses her step brothers clothes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes. But you should try to make him play with daddies stuff so he doesn't get genderly confused. But it really just is harmless fun.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 10:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Some boys go through this, its common. Its just curiosity. If you sincerely feel uncomfortable with it, I would definitely ask your pediatrician or family doctor about it.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yep. my 4 year old and 18 monthold love playing with my bras......they call them boobies. itsfunny actually.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was just curious if it was normal. I only have 2 kids one is a girl and the other is a boy and my daughter doesn't even do it. I let him play with any clothes that he wants to. I just didnt know if it was normal or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it is cute. but it freaked me out at first. Thank you ladies for the help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• R you serious. You really think he's thinking about becoming a drag queen. Of course it is normal, let that baby play.
    Anonymous