If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because you cant always be selfish and do everything you want. I hat going to work and school but I have to to support my self and child. I try do do things I like but I know money and time keep me from doing more. If it was just me worry about I would do more but my life involves so many other people so I cant do what I always want to do. Great question, it gets me thinking.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That is a good question!
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 10:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That's life.But you need to want what you have.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• The one thing that I have noticed with so many people is that they are so busy being busy that they never take the time to cultivate an understanding of self and purpose. If we understood what it was that we truly felt "called" or born to do, we'd have many people living out their potential. We do things that we "hate" because our choice was either made out of a personal choice or circumstantial one. Either way, if you find that your life unfulfilled, as long as you have breath you can always turn it around and pursue what it is that you were born to do. Be blessed.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 12:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We do what we have to do in order to survive. You can't get by with nothing in today's society. It will get you nowhere. We will have to do thing we don't like. I try to tell this to my son. He just doesn't get it. He thinks you can get by with doing nothing. Life doesn't work that way. Just as there are things that we all would like to do. Sometimes things seem so far and out of our reach. Yet, how to we really know if we don't try something that we would like to do? Is it really as far out of our reach, or is it fear that we face? We all have to decide for ourselves on what is right for us. Right?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think you should ALWAYS make time for things you enjoy.. there are LOTS of things I HAVE to do that I don't necessarily wanna do, but I just do it anyway.. I always TRY to do something I enjoy doing even if it's just for a few minutes!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You only have one life..Might as well live it happy.. Miserable people wake up everyday and make the choice to be miserable.. Wake up and tell yourself "today im going to be happy" It will be the best choice you make all day..
    MoylanMommie2

Answer by MoylanMommie2 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010