work in daycare and still feel like i know nothing!?

i have worked in childcare for almost ten years and now pregnant for the first time and i feel like i know nothing about children. is this normal or will things come back when my little man arrives??

lucasmommy503

Asked by lucasmommy503 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope, you will feel that way for most of the time. It's always different when it's your child rather than someone else's.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think this is normal...I have been around kids all my life, my mom had a daycare and I helped her all the time w them.. When your little one one comes , It will come naturally :) Congrats on your son
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 10:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• it's jitters. This is a new experience for YOU. It can be happy sad scary exciting all at once! I'm sure once you little bundle of joy comes you'll fall back into your flow and feel silly about worrying so much. I know I did! Take it one day at a time. and try not to over think or stress yourself out too much. just go with the flow. This is a beautiful time in your life. Enjoy it!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My mom ran a daycare in our home for years, and after school I was helping everyday.. and when I got pregnant, I thought I would be fine with the experience, but slowly realized the truth... It is completely different when it is your kid.
    But dont worry, you will learn to be a mommy to your baby, as your baby gets used to being your baby. Its a learning process for both of you.
    You will be fine!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Don't fool yourself you always will question your moming skills I still do...everyday. There is no feeling comparable to your own baby.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• when it comes to being a first time mom even a second time mom.... you will always feel as though you know nothing but that's motherhood. i use to take care of my sisters kids from changing diapers, feeding, and always being able to give them back to their mother too..... once you have your own you can't... but you'll do just fine.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's normal
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010