My friend just proposed to me to try Talapia Fish. If anyone has ever made this before, how do you cook yours?

bkrichar

Asked by bkrichar at 10:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I marinate it for about 20 minutes , then I broil it . For about 7 minutes-Until it flakes. I wouldn't fry it---that spoils the flavor and is not nutritious.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband has made it before with cayenne cream sauce, spinach,garlic, jalapenos,and tomatoes over pasta. It's REALLY good. He's also seasoned it with lemon pepper, and it's always grilled when we have it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• love it! just spray frying pan with pam place frozen fish in pan then add lemon pepper seasoning
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have no clue how my husband makes it but it's delicious.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We love it! My kids love it! You will love it! lol Just put a liitle olive oil in a pan salt and pepper your fish and cook it up! My kids also like when I toast up some shaved almonds to put onto! MUM!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 10:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My family LOVES talapia!! I cook it in a big cast iron skillet, a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice in the pan - salt and pepper on the fish. Cook for aobut 10 minutes and it's done - great taste and healthy protein.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh My God Yes! I am so hooked on it !! i dont want any other fish....I use the seasoned seafood batter on it and i fry it..!!!the meat is so white and pretty!!! you gotta try it!!!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I make it all the time. I put some lemon pepper on it a little drips of white wine and last some lemon juice. Then I put it some foil close it up and stick it in the oven. Cook some white rice with it and presto lemon pepper talapia and rice yummy.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Love Talapia! I put mine in a baking dish, pour some lemon juice over the top and then sprinkle on some Parmesan Cheese!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• lemon pepper marinade then into the oven. i tried it with other marinads but lemon pepper is the best.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010