Do you think these teenie bopper singers know what kind of effect they have on young girls today?

My three year old runs around singing, "Da da de dum dum" (disturbia by Rhianna) or, " I'm going to get in a fight, nah nah na" (by Pink) since these are the only words she knows I listen to them over and over. Now she has NEVER seen the music videos and neither have I but I can only immagine what they are doing and wearing. These girls are old enough to act like that but I don't think they realize that the young girls listening to their music don't understand they can't dress and act that way. And she only hears it on the radio and I listen to mostly the FISH and yet she still loves this music.

AmandaLou714

Asked by AmandaLou714 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• It def impacts them. They are role models to them and since the guys like them, they want to be like them. We as parents just need to teach our kids to be leaders and not followers and to learn to respect themselves
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't think they would care if they did realize it. As long as their pockets are lined with money, they have no interest in whose child they may be ruining. That's why it is our responsibility as parents to make sure our children are not being exposed to harmful influences. All these "humanitarian" celebrities are only watching out for themselves and their own PR!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Um.... I don't consider either of those singers to be teeny bop-per singers. Maybe several years ago, but not today. Look into the Disney teeny bop-per singers, they have more appropriate songs for young people. Also you could always just not listen to those stations when your daughter is with you. The only time I listen to music that I like is when none of the kids are in the car with me, because I don't want them hearing some of the language.

MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We have disney radio station here.That is kid friendly music, but it isn't for babies either.I'd look for that instead.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008