Ideas for games at son's 1st birthday party?? PLEASE HELP!!

My son is having his first birthday party this Saturday. There are going to be about 30 of his relatives coming to visit him from out of town (i sent out invitations- i never thought EVERYONE would want to drive 4 hours to come and see him...). Now i'm faced with the dilema of entertaining everyone.
It is supossed to be 40 degrees with a 30%chance of snow. With my luck, it will be a blizzard. I have a tiny duplex and am planning on setting up the garage for food and cards for the adults. There will be a college football game playing in our living room. I just don't know what games I should play with the kids. The ages of children range from 8 months to 13 years old, with the majority around 4 years old. Any and all suggestions are HUGELY appreciated.

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i bought a couple of bags of balls and a small pool and had a ball pit... then also had video games set up for older ones... lots and lots of balloons to play in and pop.. and i got my son mega blocks and let the other lil ones play with those too....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would say play games like duck,duck,goose; musical chairs; pin the tail on the donkey; and have music playing and let everyone dance little one love to do that.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008