Right hip making clicking sound when walking or running!?!

My 19mo Fila Brasileiro woke up Friday morning with a clicking sound in her hip. She is not limping, not over weight(last 2 ribs showing), very active(1 30 min walk a day, 3/4acre fenced yard that I play with her in)she goes to the dog park every sunday for 2 hrs. SHe is not lame and is not after exercise. She still has her Fila gait, no bunny hopping at full sped or even when loping. She has been on MSM and chondrotin since 9wks( a precaution I take wil all my large breeds). I have a call into her breeder and am calling the vet in the am.
Anyone have aany experience?

I am freaking out as I am unable to work right now until June 2012 due to cancer.

Any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful!

pitbull4me

Asked by pitbull4me at 11:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pets

• I know that I have heard of this before with large breeds-slower growth and I believe that can just be normal bone growth. Animals don't always grow proportionately, sometimes there can be gaps/spaces but have it checked when you are up to it to be certain.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It could be arthritis. My knees do the same thing because I have osteoarthritis.
    mcclellandjulia

Answer by mcclellandjulia at 11:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010