Is kickboxing a good way to lose weight quick???? Has anyone tried it??

I need a workout that is exciting and will make me shed the lbs... crunches and squats just not working...ugh.

melissac9903

Asked by melissac9903 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well since it's high impact, I am sure that you would drop weight like crazy but you would also build muscle which weighs more than fat.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thats ok as long as I lose the roll on mt tummy...LOL
    melissac9903

Comment by melissac9903 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• anything that gets your heart rate up will help you lose weight. If you want to lose weight, lots of cardio with strength training along with cutting calories to a reasonable amount (not lower than 1200 or so) is the best way. Find something you love and you'll stick with it and see faster results. Kickboxing is a great workout. For me personally, I'm so uncoordinated that I couldn't keep up and didn't get a good enough workout in. I run instead.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Absolutely, but as effective is walking powerfully at least three times a week for a minimum of 20 minutes as you build up.
    KaznGabz

Answer by KaznGabz at 11:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you want fun and exciting cardio workouts, try the Kathy Smith line. She does everything from belly dancing to kickboxing and they are FANTASTIC workouts. She has a salsa dancing workout that I love!!
    Debi73

Answer by Debi73 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes kickboxing is fantastic
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i think it will but it will build muscle too.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 8:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011