1st time homeroom mom

The teacher only wants me to collect money for the upcoming Winter party. Also no volunteers I'm having a horrible time coming up with a letter to send out that isn't 3 lines long and sounds lame! :) I also have to collect for a teacher's gift...can anyone help me? Thank you.

me20

Asked by me20 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I've been a room mother numerous times, and never had a teacher do that! I would write a letter telling what the plans are for the party, what the money is needed for, how much is needed total, and asking for the parents to please contribute if possible.

Then I would let them know what you would like to do for the teacher's gift, and ask if they can contribute to that as well. Some people send their own gifts individually.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thank you so much for responding that helps! :)
    me20

Comment by me20 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Just send an email saying "We are planning a winter party and need some help, if you could contribute a few dollars for the party, it would be greatly appreciated" and have them send in envelopes to your attn so you can shop for items for the party. I am not sure why she would not let you have anyone else volunteer to help though??
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2010