holiday card help

if I sent a card to souther cali from the east coast, about how long would snail mail take to get it there?

wondering cause thats the farthest I have to send holiday cards this year and I want to make sure they get there in time.

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• I just mailed a card from Oregon to North Carolina and it only took 3 days. I'm sure the closer you wait til Christmas the longer it will take. Probably an extra day or two.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was wondering cause sometime cards take weeks to get to us in PA from IL
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It would proabably take about a week. To be sure though You should call ur local Post Office &ask them when theyd suggest mailing it. That way youd get the inside help on beating the holiday rush :)
    WonderMom2008

Answer by WonderMom2008 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I use to haul mail long haul and it should never EVER take more than a week coast to coast. If it does, some truck driver is either stuck out in the snow, or not driving!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i dont know how long it would take but i dont think that long
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Normally, from coast to coast, my mail takes 3-4 days. Allow extra time for the holidays because of the mail volume.

To arrive before the 24th, I wouldn't mail them any later than... maybe the 15th or 16th.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• 2-3 days, but ya never know it may take a detour ......Cards/letters are faster, priority mail is about 2 days, parcel post 7-10 days. Yes I work for USPS!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010