For dog owners

How do you keep them in the yard?

dog run...in the house except to go potty...invisible fence...privacy fence...
We keep ours outside. He has a nice size dog run. He loves it outside. If we bring him in and he paces all over the place so we just keep him out.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 12:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pets

• we have a fenced in yard, but they love being inside more then anything. lazy things lol
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We have a dog run for the two bigger ones. My little guy stays inside, and he uses the litter box. But he still comes outside with me and runs around.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Never needed a fence, my dogs are always trained reliably off lead and they know the boundaries of their yard. However, I would never leave them alone outdoors without supervision either.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We have a huge fenced in area - not a run, a big square. It's attatched to the garage, we have a section of it partitioned off and she has a doggy door into her area, with a heat lamp, her food, her house, her water, her mounds of pillows and blankets. She has never stepped one paw in our house. She's got the good life out there - crazy dog sleeps in the snow in the winter, by choice. Even when we let her out without a leash she stays close by, as she's uber-protective of the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Our back yard is fenced in (about 3/4 of an acre). Our dogs are inside dogs that only go out to potty or play and sometimes they stay outside when we go somewhere if it is nice out and we are going to be gone for a while.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We installed 5ft horse fencing around a barn. Fenced in about an acre of land. Dogs love it! They are out when we are at work but we always bring them in when we are home.
    furbabymum

Answer by furbabymum at 12:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My dogs stay in the house with the rest of their family. We live on acreage, none of it is fenced in. My little dog doesn't really like being outside unless she has to go to the bathroom so we just walk her around the yard. My big dog, I hook a lightweight forty foot cable to in case she tries to get away so I can grab it before she runs off. And I play in the yard with her. We play outside for a few hours a day.
    -LucyInTheSky-

Answer by -LucyInTheSky- at 12:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If we're outside she's pretty good about staying close. We do have a chain for emergencies, like if the baby makes a mess spilling something or I really need her out of the house for just a few minutes - I don't like putting her on for long periods of time. She's mostly an inside dog. When we own our own property we want a fenced in yard. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have a fenced in acre but, i always go outside with my dog- she is a Chi/Yorkie & i am scared something will swoop down & snatch her!LOL!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• In home and I walk him.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 1:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010