Anyone else married to the Scrooge?

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 12:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• My husband. LoL. No, it really depends on my mental state. When I'm manic all semblence of budget goes flying off the radar, but the rest of the time I try to keep a pretty tight reign on our finances. Concidering that we're barely scraping by though, I feel it's fairly justified.
    If your'e referring to the holidays. Yeah, we could be accused of that. We've boughten our gifts for both our kids except for the stocking stuffers and I don't think we spent more than thirty bucks on both children.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 12:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My husband is! I don't know many Scroogeier people than myself...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• LMAO I thought that very thing this morning, when he was grumbling about Christmas music on the radio already. LOL
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My husband says im scrooge. Because I dont want to get his brother and sister 100 dollar gifts, theyre brats and have an awful attitude 24/7 there 14 and 16.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• WAS married to a Scrooge!!!

I think his real name was Ebenezer, I kid you not! LOL

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No I am not. My hubby is a little more sensitive to the holiday only because Christmas was the last holiday his family had with his mother before she passed away. He tries to keep it as joyful as he can though
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 3:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, my ex was though. With everyone except himself and HIS family.

Funny how there was never money for me to go to a movie with my mom, but he always managed to find cash when his dad wanted to play 18 holes that same day.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes I am and he has changed my way of thinking towards Christmas. I totally love the fact that we have taken the focus off of gift giving and put it more on being together as a family and enjoying what we enjoy doing. Instead of buying presents that we don't want to buy with money we don't have for people we don't really care for, we now just buy for our children and a few others that help us out through out the year. It has brought the enjoyment of the holidays back, stressfree.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010