What's wrong with just living together?

If two people are older, kids grown and on their etc. and these two people love each other and want to be together but have been totally burned by marriage and neither want to officially marry again, what's wrong with just living together?

raynestar

Asked by raynestar at 12:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't see anything wrong with it. To each their own. Some couples that "just live together" last longer than some married couples. A couple has to do what they feel is right for them.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• nothing
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 12:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Nothing.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• right and wrong are relative terms for what one deems wrong another deems right, whatever rocks your world and doesn't conflict with your religious or moral belief. as long as it is what you want and it is an equal partnership but often the man benefits more from the setup than the woman and if that is ok with you, then go for it. make sure you have an understanding and that he has the right kind of character because you are basically roomates who have sex with each other. as long as you have a good understanding and know wha tyou are getting into you have set boundaries and you have a back up plan in case he wants to act stupid one day fine. stop looking for the approval of others for what you want to do sounds as if someones opinion who matters has you ambivilant but that is between you, god and the man. it is you that has to live with the consequences of your choices, be that what you term right or wrong. its your life
    ladyofhonor

Answer by ladyofhonor at 1:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Life partners are more real than some marriages. What his is yours and visversa anyways.
    trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 1:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact I wish my MIL and her S/O would just live together. Neither have kids at home. Neither want to ever get married again. But they have been with each other over 10 years and are with each other 24/7 they call things "theirs" they buy things together shop together, split groceries to things at each other homes and talk like it is their own. It drives me CRAZY that they still live in separate houses!
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 12:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I guess it would be okay. I am single,my kids are adults....if I found a really nice guy and we wanted to "live together" it would be okay. But I still think marriage is so much better.I just don't want to "settle".I want the best.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Absolutely nothing, UNLESS, one gets sick or worst, passes away, where does that leave the other? I suppose if you have a will, that would work, but with HIPPA Laws, it affects your rights as far as health care for your loved one goes.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Absolutely nothing. If it weren't for the fact that I didn't trust my families medical choices I would have never seen a reason to do anything but live together. I love my DH dearly, but living together and being married aren't any different in real life terms, only legal ones...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i see no harm anywhere~~~
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010