Christians please.

Why did get God change his mind and send his son to die for our sin's?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• He didn't change His mind, it was all planned out before the beginning of time. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ was to release us from the Law and give us direct access to Him. Through the sacrifice we have victory over death. God wants fellowship with his children, which is why we were created in the first place. Jesus was the second Adam..perfect and without sin who became sin so that we may be saved. It's perfect love. Also..after the flood, God said He would never do that again because it saddened Him so much. Jesus was the answer and through Him we are saved, forgiven, and our past sin is forgotten forever.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• They had to provide blood sacrifices in the Old Testament (animals, not human) for sins. Jesus took upon himself all the sins of the world and became the ultimate blood sacrifice. God didn't change his mind. There are prophecies throughout the Old Testament telling of the coming of Jesus. Why did God wait until then? I don't know. There are many things I don't understand about God. And I don't know where you're talking about him killing people?
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• "BTW, the first 5 books of the bible were spent by god wiping people off the face of Earth! *reads portion about the great flood*"

You have to learn to read it in context...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• God did not "change His mind" and decide to send His Son to pay the penalty for our sins. The protoevangelium appears in Genesis. God told Eve that the serpent would bruise her heel and she would bruise his head. The serpent is Satan, and by giving birth to God the Son Mary "bruised his head". There are promises throughout the Bible of a Messiah - too many to list here. Rather than making us pay our own penalty, God took the punishment on Himself.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't believe He killed anyone, or that Jesus died for our sins (Yes, I'm a Christian). I think its all in how you read and understand the text. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• In the old testament God dealt with people by killing them. I just wonder why he decided to send his only son to die for our sins when he had no problem killing us in the old testament.

Actually the promise to send a Savior happened in the garden of Eden.
    I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.” Gen 3:15
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My belief is this......God cannot look upon sin. Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was tempted in every way for 40 days and that gave God the knowledge of how bad this world really is. Jesus was the final sacrifice, as He was suffering and dying on the cross He said,"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do". Jesus, a perfect Man, took on our sin and released us from damnation, all we have to do is believe him and live how he taught. Our God is a very loving and a forgiving God. Jesus had to be sacrificed, He was the blood of the lamb, a pure white lamb. His crucifiction is prophesied by Daniel in the book of Daniel in the OT.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• There are some things we are just not meant to know, or understand. God is far beyond all our understanding,and what He WANTS us to know,He wrote in His Word, and reveals to us, still. Frankly, I don't feel the need to know every last little bitty teensy weensy thing about God. I trust Him enough that either I will be given the answers when I get to Heaven,or just not ever know. And, that's just fine with me. I know what I need to know, I know what God wants me to know to live my life, and I know He is in charge, and has His plan for my life. As for the OT,again, we don't know all the details of what went on back then,but I DO know the enemy (Satan) can and does pervert God's Word, twist it,and make it appear to say what it's not. Especially when it comes to the Great Flood,and such. God had given them chance after chance. They brought their deaths upon themselves,and their children. God is NOT to blame for that!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oh,and I also want to say, I'm so Thankful to God everyday for sending His Son to die for me, unworthy though I am, and to do for me what I am unable to do for myself. Save my soul from eternal damnation,and separation from Him,and give me the gift of eternal life with Him in Paradise. I'm thankful to Jesus, for becoming God in flesh, walking the earth, living, loving, forgiving,healing,and doing the Father's Will.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• He did not change his mind and what are you talking about? Can you elaborate, please?
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010