is it possible that i have asthma?

i find myself loosing my breath a lot, like when im more active than normal.. also just going up, or down a flight of stairs once, wears me out. i find it hard to take deep breaths without having to cough, and i have never been able to run, or jog because i always loose my breath to quickly. i am currently 5 months pregnant, but i have had these symptoms as long as i can remember. is it possible that i have asthma? or is there something else i need to look into?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 12:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• Do you weeze? Do you gasp for air....even when you are just sitting still? Is you chest itchy or irritated when you're having these symptoms???
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Have you talked to a doctor? They will test you for asthma. It's a common diagnosis, so they can easily do it. It is definitely possible.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think it's pretty normal to be short of breath when pregnant. WIth asthma, the difficulty is getting air OUT. Do you hear wheezy sounds when you breathe?
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 1:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2010