how old do u think is old enough to understand waiting in line at a ride at knotts berry farm without bein brat

my son is almost 3. and they have this train car that goes around knots. well today we were there we have passes. he has never been on the train.. HE LOVES TRAINs. THE min the first ride before us leaves he starts bawling his brains out. saying stop train please please stop. i love u. well my dh thinks he was being a brat. i truly think he just didnt get why it was leaving... i waited in line til it came by again 7 min. later. my dh took ds awy bc he just didnt get why it left. and couldnt stop crying i let him ride after he said sorry for screaming and give me a kiss. my husband thinks we should have just left the train ride. i think if he learns to wait .. he will learn there is a reward. how old do u think is old enough to understand waiting for a ride.? iknow some kids can wait and are 2 i see them there all the time. i just know my son is emotional. and has a hard time waiting . was he being a brat or being emotional

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You didn't do anything wrong. He stuck around so he was able to understand the concept of waiting. How is he gonna learn if he's removed every time. Now if he was being rude, or mean, then I would remove him, but he was just showing he was upset the train was leaving without him. Kinda cute really.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Three is pretty young, I don't think he was being a brat. Patience has to be learned, and I know a few adults who don't have patience when they have to wait!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• "stop train please please stop. i love u."

This statement by your son shows that he wasn't being a brat - he really thought it was leaving him. Your DH sounds like he could learn a lesson or two on patience himself! You have to take the entirety of the situation, including your 3yr olds cries in consideration. A bratty toddler would be one who kicks screams cries and hits you because you didn't stop the train. He is crying telling the train he loves him, he doesn't understand it's coming back. Your son will learn patience - not sure your DH will....

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't think he was being a brat at all! It was a new experience for him, he didn't know the train wasn't coming back, so it seemed natural he was worried about it. He'll eventually get it the more he gets used to it. It's a great lesson in patience!
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 2:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• thank u ladies for all the kind replies. i think my husband was more embarrased then anything that he ws crying. HE thought the other people there would think our kid was being a brat. and i felt if we left the train he would then really think it wasnt coming back. he has much easier time on the rides like the plane one. whre the kids go on the ride and planes stay there. he is watching the planes and the other kids on the ride. the ride isnt leaving.. i will not raise my kid based on being embarrased.. i felt i knew why he was soooooooo upset
    again THANK U!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• He's 3! He doesn't understand. DH will just need to be more understanding. Your son was not out to embarrass him, just being 3.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2010