Is "Santa Watching" your kids?

Just wondering if any other parents are using the ol' "Santa's Watching" deal when your kids begin to misbehave this time of the year? I am guilty of whipping this one out in a last ditch effort every now and then when my 4 year old fails to cooperate. Anyone else?

McErin48

Asked by McErin48 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Yep, I sure do! And I don't feel too bad about it. I'm sure they will look back when they are twelve and call me a dirty cheat for it(joke)but until then I'll use it here and there! Then I'll have to come up with something else!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yep i sure do and they know that I am watching all the time...lol
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yup& it works,lol!!!!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Nope. First, we don't do Santa. And second, we don't do bribery... If our children misbehave, we discipline them, if not we don't. We don't use bribes of far off gifts to get them to act the way they know they should and we don't use the threat of lost gifts if they don't...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• no but my DD's only 2 so she doesnt really understand the concept of Santa much less him watching her. i dont plan on using it either, but im sure i'll have a weak moment or 20 when she's older!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't have to as my kids really aren't kids who misbehave - thank God! But we do have fun "watching Santa" at http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html and they love playing the games at the "kids countdown" tab!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My husband has, but I try not to. The funny thing is my 4 year old "tells Santa" everything her sister does bad LOL
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Haha...not exactly. I do tell them that I will be calling Santa to let him know what their behavior was like. In fact last week I picked up the phone and told them I was calling Santa to let him know they weren't going to bed. They RAN to their beds :) Then one of the boys busted me and asked to speak to Santa.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well my son is not old enough to know about santa yet but i will use it when he gets older
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010