• In the Spotlight:

Does your child like to hide random objects?

Is it normal for a 2-3 year old to Hide random things? My daughter just turned 3 but she has been doing this for a little over a year now. She will take random things from around the house and hide them in stashes we have to then go search the whole house from top to bottom to try to find missing keys, phones, watches, ect. we just recently came across one in our storage closet it had- the spare alarm clock, husbands dirty boot sock, 3 thumb drives (that have been missing for a while), a lighter (we don't smoke so she must have gotten it from our friends that do), earphone covers, flash light, batteries, change. Is this normal toddler behavior? She is our only child and I haven't heard of other kids doing this. Anyone have a toddler that collects objects too?

OkiMama618

Asked by OkiMama618 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is so normal it's crazy. My son is one and he started hiding all kinds of things but I also used to work in a daycare facility years back and I was a preschool teacher. Some kids were 4 and still hiding little toys.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes its normal. My daughter only hides things that she knows she shouldnt be touching. She is 4 and usually hides them under her bed or in her closet. Sometimes I will find them in her dresser or play kitchen. My 3 year old son doesnt do it yet, to my knowledge anyway, but I think its just a matter of time.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 6:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010