Have you ever been misunderstood? If so, how? And how did you feel?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Many times. It usually leaves me feeling frustrated.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes. I'm part of a moms group, and I posted an article about the Hyland's Teething Tablet recall on our message board. Some moms got bent out of shape, thinking I was saying bad things about the teething tablets (hello, I USE them!). I was like, No, I was just trying to inform people about a RECALL. But people get SO defensive about how they choose to parent (not that we have any of that on here!), and take things SOOO personally!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• In an Italian family , you are always misunderstood lol, but in the end family always sticks together.........
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• its happened to me the other day! i posted something about my sons father and how he acted with me and my son...the group that i posted it in started calling me a cunt,stupid bitch,dumb ass,not fit to be a mother,should never have kids again,a bad mother....i could write a book on the things that were said....the messed up thing about it was they all took it the wrong way....i wanted to cry because im going through alot of shit right now because of my sons father but they didnt see that part.....people need to understand that words do hurt,when it comes to my son dont sit there and call me a bad mother! im not the drug addict,bipolar,asshole.....im the mother who cares about her child,who has been taking care of her son pretty much by herself,who had to explain to her son that daddy doesnt love me anymore,im the mother who lost a child and had to listen to the father tell me it wasnt his kid so he didnt care
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It happens all the time. I try not to let it bother me and chalk it up to the personal spin people in general put on everything they read, hear or see, but it sure can be frustrating.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i totally agree. it is really silly. for example i asked a simple question and it turned into a nightmare. some people assume that because u asked a question that's actually how u feel or that particular question IS YOUR point of view. usually the question is from something i saw on tv,or from a conversation with friends, or something my friend is going through in her life etc,etc. some people need to think before attacking others on here. it is childish.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• All the time I tend to be more of a quiet observer in life and never really hit it off with people my age .Alot of times people mistake my quietness for being stuck up or snobby but I am not at all.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 11:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have ADD and I tend to ramble, as hard as I try not to. Some people find me hyper and over the top, but I really do mean well. I'm not that weird..lol
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• anyother time i can sit there and see that im being called a name....no big deal but when it comes to my son dont start with me cuz i will fight you tooth and nail!!! i might get my ass kicked but oh well,dont talk shit about my son and me......dont call me a bad mother just because you didnt read what i wrote all the way thru......do sit there and bash me because you didnt comprehend what i wrote....then on top of that they all sat there and criticized me about how i spelled certain things and i had to explain to them that when im highly pissed off i spell words short....like instead of saying "what the heck is wrong with people?" i would say/spell it like this "wut the hek is rong wit ppl?" the all hated it.....people are rediculous......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010