Please tell me if I'm over reacting....I'm so angry I can't even think straight!

So I currently live with my parents because I lost my job 4 months ago, and every time I don't give in to my mom when she wants me to do something she threatens to kick me out. Well my brother is going to the border to drop off a relative that was visiting and she informs me that my son is going with them so that her sister can meet him. I asked her "are you telling me or asking for my consent?" She tells me "whichever way you want to take it, it's the same thing"... She then proceeded to make plans and called her sister to tell her where to meet my brother and my son, and I haven't even given consent!.. I don't want him to go and I'm sick of letting her bully me into things that I don't want to do or don't feel comfortable, if she threatens to kick me out, I'm at the point where I'm willing to take the risk and if she does kick me out then I'll just have to figure out what to do.....

What do you think, am I over reacting or would you be upset tio?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you sat down & talked to your mother? And if you have then it just might be worth it to see if she wld kick you out.

Shelbegto

Answer by Shelbegto at 2:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I can't believe your mom is bullying you to do what she wants when she wants. That makes me sick that a mother would do that to her child. If there is no resolving the situation(s) then move out. I hope there are friends and other family who will let you LO and you stay with them. If she keeps treating you in that manner you might just go insane so I suggest you move out.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My mom is the same way anon. Stand up and set boundaries, the illusion of security (which you arent secure bc she could kick you out any second for not "obeying") isnt worth your sanity. This is emotional abuse plain and simple. Start looking for a way out or a way to save money. Trust me.... the freedom was worth every struggle I had to go through to earn it. You have every right as a mother to make decisions regarding your son. And if you need to vent... sent a note my way. Been there done that.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thank you ladies so much for your answers, you don't know how much I appreciate it.. I was going insane wondering if it was just me being overly sensitive, and yea I think it's time for me to leave her house because this situation is driving me crazy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sorry you're going through this. I would say if your mom isn't willing to even allow you to make the decisions regarding your child then its time to put your foot down and take the risk of having to work out a different living arrangement. Honestly your mom taking your son away or sending him away without your consent is legally kidnapping. If you don't want him to go then speak up. She can't take him without your permission unless she is the legal guardian with full custody.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 4:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would move if I were u. When it comes 2 ur boy she has no right what so ever 2 go against ur wishes. If my mom did that 2 me I would go & she wouldn't c either of us 4 a good LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time!
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 5:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• your mother sounds like a bully. if i were u i would be exploring other options. does she really care about her grand kid ? because she is also threatening to put him out too....
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would be looking for other living arrangements, friends or other family. 

goorob

Answer by goorob at 9:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would just move out.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• he's your son, tell her NO
    candiegram

Answer by candiegram at 8:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2010