spoiled sleeper

My newborn sleeps soundly on our chests or while being cradled. Any tips on keeping him from waking up as soon as we lay him down? I need food and sleep too lol

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 2:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• DS was the same way. Keep food handy, and have DH bring you food! I had many times that I've had to use the bathroom, and DS wouldn't let me put him down.
    Do you have a sling or an infant carrier? You can try putting him there, so you can actually move around. I can't tell you how many times that's come in handy, and DS is now 2. I'd recommend the Ergo Baby carrier.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm really hoping someone gets me one for xmas. maternity pay has me broke. It's like the state's punishing us for having a babies.
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know what you mean. Maybe look on Freecycle, and see if someone has one they're getting rid of? It's on Yahoo groups. That can at least hold you over until you can buy something you really like.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• have them wrapped in a blanket or one of your shirts that has your smell on it when you lay them down that way they feel secure and believe youre still holding them
    preciousangel88

Answer by preciousangel88 at 3:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Babies are just like everyone else that has never confront separation. Dogs, kids, adults all deal with this problem of separation anxiety when not used to it. All you have to do is simply get them used to it. How?

1.) Simply put your baby down while s/he is sleeping. When s/he starts to cry, allow em to cry for 30 seconds to start. (It's okay to let them cry. I promise she will be fine.)
    2.) Then pick your baby up. What happens is that in that 30 seconds, your baby have become less fearful without you even knowing it because she now has experienced that fear and realized that it's not all that scary now that you're back.

Now allow 3 minutes to pass by AFTER s/he stops crying. Then repeat those two steps again but this time do it for a bit longer, 45 seconds. Then pick em up again. You're simply just getting them used to being without you and reinforcing that they'll be okay!

Patience is a virtue. Enjoy! =)
    badblankie

Answer by badblankie at 5:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Swaddle tightly. This was a biggie for us.

Try reading The Happiest Baby on the Block. You can find it at your library. It will work wonders!
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2010