There is no God or Jesus Christ is your savor, etc.

Why can't we all just get along. Believe whatever you want, and don't judge others for what they believe and don't try to 'convert' or 'preach' to people. We can live in harmony.

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 2:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Religion is cause of many wars and least of all, debates. I don't see a end to it soon, though I agree that everyone should leave everyone else to their own beliefs.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If a religion calls for it's people to convert as many others as possible, then it's not surprising that they're trying to get their "go to heaven" points by doing so.

Lol, at increased suicide rates if people accept this mortal life is it. If this is IT, why would anyone with a lick of sense cut it short? No, you live this life to it's fullest, because this is all you get. You don't waste it.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• As Christians, we don't get "go to heaven" points for converting non believers. I am going to Heaven because Jesus is my Savior. But because I am a Christian, I want others to experience the love and joy of living in Christ.

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• and don't try to 'convert' or 'preach' to people.

Because Christ has charged us with spreading the Gospel. We've been commanded to do this. To stop doing it would be disobedience to God.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Because The Great Commission in the Bible calls us as Christians to witness to everyone.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thank you! I totally agree.
    alissawuthrich

Answer by alissawuthrich at 2:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• In my opinion if we all believed the same thing, life would be boring. I hear ya, live and let live seems to be forgotten by so many
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Because when one religions says you will suffer for all eternity unless you velivev what i do, it tends to cause arguments.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Because sometimes I can't ignore such a dangerous establishment. Lighthouses are more useful than churches, yet they're attempting to rule the world. They kill culture, they kill opinions, they kill love, they destroy all.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 4:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If we all got along, then there wouldn't be any debate. I like debate. So go on being yourself and hopefully you (in general) won't be an ass to the rest of us. As for the judging part, you are asking too much. We are human and judging is as natural to us as breathing. I'd rather not live my life with unreasonable expectations so I accept people will judge. I just try to control my response to their judgements. ;) But if you ever find a family that lives in perfect harmony, without argument, without judgement, in heart and being not just looks, then maybe the world can ask them what their secret is. Alas, no such family exists so things will continue as they always have.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010