What should my daughter eat/drink?

My 13 year old daughter has been staying up late, past midnight to try and finish all her homework given by her many teachers. It's hard for her to stay awake sometimes, so I was wondering if there is anything around the house that she can eat or drink to stay awake.

Unknown3

Asked by Unknown3 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Coffe (: It always helps me!
    mom2ababygirly

Answer by mom2ababygirly at 2:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Lol, is coffee okay for a 13yr old?
    Unknown3

Comment by Unknown3 (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Caffeine isn't the best thing, but occasionally, it won't do harm. Air popped pop corn is good, because it's crunchy, it takes awhile to eat if you eat it one piece at a time, and it will keep her awake, plus, it's low in calories (get the lowfat version, and don't add salt). I sex to suck on lollipops in classes where I was in danger of falling asleep. Snacking on an apple or other fruit can help, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thank you for the answer :) but I just ran out of popcorn yesterday, and most of those suggestions I don't have aha. But I do have a couple of fruits, so I'll try that. And maybe get some coffee
    Unknown3

Comment by Unknown3 (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It would be far better for you to talk to her teachers and find out what can be done about the amount of homework she's been assigned. Maybe other activities need to be cut out of her after school schedule. I also have a 13 yr old and he's never up that late doing homework.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would be talking to the teachers. No 13 year old should have that much homework and be staying up past midnight to finish it. She may need to learn how to study effectively, learn how to budget her time and maybe remove some other activities.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• This is way too late to be doing homework for a 13 year old.She needs her sleep and to be alert in class.You have been some very good advice to contact her teachers and see what can be done with her schedule.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• She needs to get started earlier and take breaks. She'll be fine. She needs her rest. I'd talk to the teachers and ask what's up with too much homework.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• There's no way a 13 year old should be up until midnight working. Heck, there's no way a 40 year old lawyer should be up until midnight working. It's very bad for her. Figure out why it's taking so long and talk to her counselor about fixing it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• How long is it taking her to do her homework? Is she starting it as soon as she gets home from school or is she waiting until later in the evening to do her homework? If she's starting at 4-5 and it's taking her 8-9 hours to do her homework you need to talk to her teachers. If she's starting later in the evening then you need to get her to start earlier.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010