Is Santa coming to your house?

We have our last 2 kids at home and they are almost teenager so we are wondering if Santa should come or if gifts should just be from us parents?

Our total gift budget for everything for each kid is around $150 including their stockings .

My other thought was to just make the stockings and their usual Winter coats come from Santa. 

They will not be opening as much this year as their "wants" were more expensive and their big gift is for unlimited texting for the next year. Thanks for your thoughts and insight.....Julie

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 2:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• We have 2 teens - our ds will turn 18 shortly after Christmas, and our dd is 16 1/2. They obviously know who buys the presents and stuff from Santa. But, the way we had explained it to the kids is, among other things (the history of St. Nick, etc) is that yes - Santa IS real, and alive - because every time ANYBODY gives a gift to someone else out of love, generosity and friendship IS Santa. So, when they would help us buy a present for a toy drive, THEY were Santa. When we gave them a present, then WE were Santa, etc...

So, even though they know there isn't some man in a sled doing it all, we still do "Santa gifts" at our house. In fact, after that, my dh and I started to find little gifts under the tree for us, from "Santa" :-)

So, you could say something like "Santa is giving you Texting" or "Santa brought you this board game for the family". Don't worry about the amount you spend - it's not about that :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I tell my son who is 9 that Santa Claus lives in all of us. He will get gifts from Santa. I love being Santa for those that can't be Santa for their own kids. I love doing that without anyone knowing it was me.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 3:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We will do Santa until the kids are out of the house, it's just a fun tradition. The older ones know that there isn't a Santa, but they get gifts from him every year.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I always say from Santa unless it is something that I am really proud of having got them like one year I gave my daughters diamond necklaces I signed the card MOM and DAD. The rest from Santa.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, Santa still comes to our house and will continue to. There's nothing wrong with saying gifts are from Santa, I say let them believe for as long as they want, it doesn't hurt anyone.
    JennMmomof1

Answer by JennMmomof1 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• With teenagers, why pretend? Possibly give them one gift each from Santa and a note that says Santa will always live in your heart.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Good Grief you know they dont believe in Santa so why say anythings from him. Santa gets credit for everything when the parents do everything. Santa in our hearts! Oh come on, Christmas is about Jesus not some made up man in a red suit that doesnt exist.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010