Who has had a C-section before?

Im having one this month by choice. but im scared and just want to know what to expect or just something.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 4:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had one 4 months ago...I was so scared the doctor had to make me calm down and quit shaking twice before he could continue. It is a weird feeling cuz you can tell when the doctor is cutting on you-its like pressure, but it doesnt hurt at all. It was a very good experience for my husband and I. They put a curtain up right in front of your face so you cant see anything, but they will let whoever is in there with you stand up and look as they pull the baby out. They brought my little boy up to my face for a few seconds so i could see him then took him to clean him up while they sewed me up. I wasnt in any pain that night or the next morning...but by afternoon they wanted me to try to get up and walk. The first time you try to sit up or stand up it hurts like hell...but have someone to lean on and take it easy and the pain goes away quickly. I was able to move around and take care of myself and the baby after two days.
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 5:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The procedure itself doesn't hurt; you'll feel some tugging but shouldn't feel any pain. Mentally, though, it might be hard because you are awake and even though you won't see anything, you'll hear everything. Your recovery time will be longer than if you were having a vaginal delivery. The hospital will want you to try to stand within 24 hours; it will be very difficult and it will hurt. Stay in the hospital as long as possible. Make sure you have help once you get home; you'll definitely need it. Follow your doctors orders, particularly about avoiding stairs, lifting, etc. Give yourself plenty of time to heal. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I've had two.
    You will be sore but in the hospital ask for something warm, it helps. And walk. You will be tempted to do nothing but lay there but walking will help you to heal faster.
    My first I wouldn't move around and it felt like forever before I felt okay... the second one I walked around alot and it didn't take very long at all... a couple days.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had one. I didn't really have a problem with recovery. Your abdomen is sore and it takes a little while to stand up, but at least your bottom isn't sore. You may have digestive issues for a few days after because they have to move your intestines. The doc will make sure you can pass gas before you go home. Just take it easy and relax and let evryone pamper you.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had 1 back in 1987 and asked and asked to put to sleep during operation!! I guess they did that anyway, not quite sure. And to not help with matters, i was sick with a cold. So they gave Sudafed, and the nurse gave me a pillow to PRESS AGAINST MY STOMACH WHEN I COUGHED! IT HURT SO BAD!!! But on a good note i was up and walking sooner than expected. They told me to walk alittle each day. You are going to sore for awhile........good luck that you don't get a cold! All the best to you and your family!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 8:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• IVE NVER HAD ONE BUT MY DAUGHTER DID. YOU WILL BE SORE AND IT DOES TAKE LONGER TO HEAL.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i had one you will need lots of help from any one .. you will need to rest no strain i had to go back to the hospital because i had no help dont want to scare you but it was bad... you will be in pain and try not to get the spot wet. stay in the hospital as long as yo. u can for the extra help.
    i would tell you dont do this by choice i did one normal and it was better your body heals better. and you dont have that pouch after good luck on your choice
    nyc204

Answer by nyc204 at 5:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well i would do it regular but baby a is the first baby and she is breech so i would have to get a csection anyways. and baby b never stays still so no telling with him.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 5:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I've had two. I also had 3 vaginal births and I much preferred the csections! Recovery is slow - try to get up and around as soon as possible, but don't overdo it. Stay in the hospital as long as they will let you - I think 4 days is standard for insurance.

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010