Play date

I invited 3 girls (parents) to play date with my daughter, to my house to decorate the gingerbread house. My girl is new while their girl were in the kindergarten together. None of them answered me, they also start ignoring me at school- do not look directly, leave or so...My only guess is my daughter was rated relatively low on the reading, while their kids were rated higher- that's a whole different story though. I feel very strange, if they do not want to come, why do not say no, or just reply yes...

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 7:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That stinks!! Moms can be very cliquey, kwim? I usd to go to the playground with my kids & there would be a group of moms & kids & they wouldn't give me the time of day!! I suggest maybe inviting some other kids & parents, don't give up, I know it's frustrating & frankly, a little depressing! You can also see if there is a group on here of moms in your area & try to make some connections there! Good luck & hang in!
    momof4qtz

Answer by momof4qtz at 7:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I feel so bad for you. Also because I had experiences with cliquey moms. They were not in my son's grade so they felt as if they did not have to play nice with me. They would stand in front of me, bend over in front of other men and just brag about everything they had or bought for their child! They are probably tight with their old schoolmates and act like since your daughter is the new girl that you are not welcomed yet....If it is public school you will find other moms to have over with your child to have play dates.Don't worry! But if it is private, I feel so sorry for you. It just gets worse and worse as far as the competivness with grades and cheerleading and clothes and cars. I would ignore the whole situation and get close friends and family to come over to help with the gingerbread house. I know you feel hurt and awkward but they sound just like the a@@e@ that were at my son's old school. I love the HS though!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I feel bad for you, but be happy that you and your and your DD aren't like that.........
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Some moms are just like that - I never knew how mean people could be until my kids started school. I wouldn't take it personally, it's their loss. I'm sorry you had a run in with "mean girls".
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Are there any more cafe moms going through this? There has to be. I have asked this question in the past also and not too many answer. I wish more moms would give out more advice on this subject to help you out.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Why are you set on these kids/parents. If they don't respond then don't waste your time and try to find others. Let her pick her friends, maybe there are other kids she likes, ask her about it.

Seriously, don't waste your time on them.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• These are the kids my daughter asks the play date...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Some people are just really tacky and rude, :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2010