how to tell your pre-k class your quitting?

Im a TA and the lead teacher just put in her 2 weeks notice. I was wondering what would be a good way to tell these kids their teacher is leaving and not coming back?

mnhagedorn

Asked by mnhagedorn at 7:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in

• they are pretty young, so you could pretty much say anything, they won't understand details. You just have to tell them they got a new job somewhere else but that she will miss them all and think about them everyday.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The lead teacher shoul be the one to tell the kids. I would talk to her about it first.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Just be straight with them
    TallChic

Answer by TallChic at 8:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Have a little party!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'd make it very simple and do it on the last day.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• This is the lead teachers responsibility, not yours. But a going away party would be a nice idea. Have the kids make her cards or a small craft to take with her. A group pic would also be nice. Let the parents know ahead of time and have them help tell their kids. I would not wait until the last day to tell them, they need time to process the changes that will occur. Some of them are going to be sad and show their sadness. But simple is best.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The lead teacher should be the one to tell them. My son's teacher did last year when she had to leave b/c of her own mother's illness. Btw, YOU'RE>! lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Just be honest and tell them that she is going to move on to another place that will be good for her.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The lead teacher should be the one to tell the kids. I would talk to her about it first
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011