Is it ethical

To ask a teacher who can be potentially my daughter's teacher next year to tutor her for pay this year?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Absolutely. There should be no problem. I have a granddaughter who had her aunt as a teacher a few years ago. It did not present a problem. I would have your dd to address her tutor the same way she will address her as a teacher. That was the only minor glitch with my story.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Should be fine. It is a professional arrangement.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know teachers that do that even while they have the student during the school year. She refused to be compensated.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sure why not, if it will help and she is will to tutor....go for it.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Not a problem. They do this all the time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sure. Not a problem. Many teachers tutor on the side. As long as the teacher is not currently the teacher of her class...no worries. And what a nice way for the teacher to understand her areas she is good at and the areas she needs improvement in or how to teach so she can understand.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Would this teacher do it? I have found that the tutors are usually a different breed than teacher. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010