My boyfriends EX is a witch....

WOW, this is my first time to every date a man with children and if i knew it would be like this i would have never done it. We have been dating for about 2 years now, and i have tried had to have a decent relationship with his ex. Its impossible... I just want to say screw it... But I dont want her to ruin our relationship...what should i do??? How to I get her to accept that we are going to be together??? Please HELP!

jasesmommy0529

Asked by jasesmommy0529 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think it is necessary for his EX and you to get along..You just have to deal with his kids..Let him deal with the EX..

Answer by louise2 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i'm in kinda the same situtation......maybe...lol. my so and i split after our son was born in 2007 and he was seeing another woman and their baby is due in february 2009. they weren't a couple, just friends. now we are back together and she is trying to throw everything but the kitchen sink at us because she doesn't want us together and she definitely doesn't want me to have anything to do with her son. which confuses me since she was always around my son. i know it driving him crazy and i try to be supportative but it sends me close to the edge as well. I know i'm not any help but you have my whole hearted sympathy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JuliaDanielle

Answer by JuliaDanielle at 10:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You do not have to have a relationship with her! All you have to be is polite. Now if she is causing a problem with your relationship, then it is his responsibility to put her in check to keep the peace.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree i dont have to have a relationship with her, but its getting bad with the kids. She tells them not to mind me and things like that. Then out of the blue she calls me to tell me to make sure I am washing her kids clothes over here!!! I mean really come on now!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• That rules that out...you're not my ex's girlfriend, lol. Kinda hoping you might be. I agree that you don't have to have a relationship with her. However, in my case, I would LOVE to have some time to tell her what went wrong in my marriage to him so she can be forewarned. I wouldn't wish what he put me through on my worst enemy. If she still wants to be with him after that, so be it.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• When ever you date someone with "history" you will have "baby mama drama". It;s inevitable. Sorry. She's mad because she's young and either lost him and cant get him back, or he won't be a father to his child, emotionally and/or financially. These issues are frustrating.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• she seems to be happy in her own little world. Shes in a relationship and expecting. Although we support her and her bf, neither on of them have jobs. Maybe I should just let it go...it is what it is...right??
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You don't need to deal with her. It's not necessary & your boyfriend doesn't have to deal with her attitude either. He only has to be responsible for their child & that is it. Every time his EX calls with a bad attitude, I would calmly tell her that I would be willing to listen when she can call me back with a more respectful tone or otherwise this conversation is over. Learn to walk away from it & let her know that her attitude will no longer be tolerated. Stay calm & as long as your boyfriend does this, there is nothing she can do or say to get him in trouble. As long as he is a good father & not playing the yelling game with her, you two will be fine.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008