do immunizations cause autism

sadie99

Asked by sadie99 at 8:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My oldest has Autism and NO I do not believe immunizations have anything to do with his having Autism. There are plenty of children on the spectrum who have never had any immunizations. If you are worried about your child I would suggest you talk to your doctor about immunizations, read up on them and get as much information on them and you can find, and then make up your mind if you want to do them or not. I believe it is Dr. Sears who has a book out about immunizations and talks about a selective delay schedule. You can also choose to selectively delay vaccines-- meaning if your child is due for 4 vax at one visit you can space them out and have them done at separate visits and not 'combine' them into 1 visit.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No they don't. There has never been a legitimate case study to prove any linkage between autism and vaccines.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• NO! I asked my nurse this very same question. She took a semanar (sp?) on this issue because she was worried to! They do not cause it, autism is diagonised at a certin age when the child gets a certin vacine so the parents are quick to blame that immunization. It's easier to blame something then to just deal with it....

sorry I have horrible spelling..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I've read a lot of the studies, and personally based on my own research I am not convinced that vaccines have anything to do with autism.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• NO... they are born with it. OMG don't spread that untruth around plz.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Nobody knows for sure, but there is some evidence that there is a connection. Many autistic children began to show symptoms after having received vaccines. The parents of those children sincerely believe that there is a connection.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No. They've done study after study and they don't. They even remoned the ingredient from the vaccines that was thought to cause it and autism rates STILL climbed. They don't know what causes Autism. They think its something to do with enviromental factors that mothers are exposed to when pregnant. Plus, is vaccines caused Autism, every child would have it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am in the middle on this one...I think for most children no...they do not....

But MAYBE ....just MAYBE certain children have a reaction to the vaccine that may trigger autism that was lying dormant...

I dont believe it is the ONLY reason though....I also think some cases may be genetic.

The real answer is...no one is 100% sure what causes it...and that is scary. My dd is 5.5 and has mild aspergers, I dont think vaccines caused hers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• can of worms

Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2010