What should I tell nosy mil? UGH.....

She lives next door!She gets so emotional over her grandson. Yesterday the weather was rainy and windy but nothing to get scared over.I had to pick him up after school due to an issue in school. After I got back, she called me so worried that something happened becasue he usually comes home on the school bus. I shrugged it off and let it be.That night we went over to get something there and my husband's uncle was there and as he was leaving he told me not to go pick up my son in bad weather and that he is lives by the school and he can bring him home. I feel like she needs something to do. She feels unwanted because she does nothing all day. She will look out the window and not see my car and then she went into a panic. Monday I am going to a jewelry party at night and so wht should I say so she does not start this bs again?? My son is not invited and will be home.What should I say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• This is a hard question to answer because i don't know what kind of a person your mil is....if you feel it would be helpful maybe you should try sitting down and having an adult conversation and let her know how you feel. In the nicest way possible tell her that she needs to stay out of your buisness lol!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Tell her the truth, and humor her.

Answer by older at 8:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Can she volunteer? If she can maybe you could oh so nicely suggest somewhere/something to do! And some xanax. :) just kidding (maybe)
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Take her along to the party, you said she needs something to do.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• She is really sweet, but an eye injury stopped her from doing a lot of things including driving. But yet she can see out that window though. It was much worse before the surgery. Very bossy and pushy to me since I was very laid back . But now she fights with her daughter and wants to be closer with me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Anyone else have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• grandmau should have an honest adult conversation with her .also she is just very creepy imo. she sounds more manipulative than sweet to me. i would put up a fence....i like my privacy and wouldn't be able to put up with that. she kinda reminds me of marie from everybody loves ray.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Maya thanks for the humor and I love the grandma siggie.. She never made fun of me.I was more city girl and modern. She is like that with her son and grandson though. But her son puts a stop to it . It is now she is starting with my son.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2010