If you see a nativity scene Does it affend you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, although I understand that they are inappropriate in government settings - though individuals have the right to put up whatever they like in their own property, whether its their home or their church or place of business, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No..I have one in my front yard and I am a Pagan... Dh is Christian ... and our 9 yr old is learning
    Religious Tolerance for it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Generally speaking, no, I'm not offended by them at all. My mom sets one up at her house each year, and my MIL does too. If I see one in a church, in someone's home, even in a store, I'm not offended at all. If I saw one in a courthouse or in a state or federal building, I might be offended or at least think it shouldn't be there, because I fully believe in separation of church and state. But, in general, I'm not offended by anyone else's religious symbols, etc.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Nope. I love nativity scenes.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• nope. I understand its significance to the Christian faith, but I don't personally get anything from it. Could be Cronus spitting out the 12 gods of Olympus for all I care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No. It offends me when I have to have a generic holiday because someone else may get offended. You come to this country and you learn to acclimate yourself to the customs of that country. I would never go to another country to live there and try to change how to spend Christmas. Not my place, not my country. That is a respect that is so gone now I really do not want to offend anyone but it is really a politically correct holiday now and it is boring and commercial..
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Not at all. I'm Pagan and I look at it this way:

If I want freedom to practice MY spiritual beliefs, then I need to let others do the same, even if I don't follow their path.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• not at all...but i totally understand why there shouldnt be one on government property.

but i dont like the real-life nativities...its not fair for those poor ppl to sit out in the cold when plastic ppl do a much better job of standing still :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No - I love them.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have no religious preference, but I happen to think they are beautiful. I like looking at them when passing by a church or someone's house that has one out front.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010