possible husband leaving

I think my husband is going to leave me (not sure yet but have that feeling). Here is my situation we do have a 2 year old that I want with me most of the time (I don't think he will not go for that but I'm not sure). I also have a lot of debt that I don't want out there and I don't want him to help either I don't want him to touch that. I am willing to give him almost everything in the house except for a few things that my parents gave us or I bought with the allowance he gives me a month to spend. What can I do I don't want to go to court and if this is what he wants I won't fight it (even though it's not what I want)

aus14

Asked by aus14 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, with a child it get just a little bit harder and even if you didn't have a child, you still have to go to court to finalize it. At least in Florida you do.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Your "allowance", come on you stay home with the kids while he works right? That money is just as much yours as it is his.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear you're going through that situation:( I can only imagine how hard it is for you and you're in my prayers. Since you said "possible" husband leaving, then I will assume he hasn't told you anything in black and white -even if his actions may say it for him. Actions can be fickle though. Sometimes a person may act a certain way and it's just a phase they're going through, or something on their mind, or them being fed up with too much responsibility and not knowing how else to let it out - so they just act coldly or shut out their spouse. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do... the best thing to do is to use words and express what it is you want (or don't want anymore). but it's how some people release their feelings. What i'm saying is he may be acting this way but in his heart maybe he wants to be with you. the only wayt o know is to ask him, or get him to tell you straight out. Once he tells you for sur
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 9:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• ...Once he tells you for sure that he wants out, and there's no way he'll ever stay - or get counseling- or work it out... then you can decide how you will split the things. My advice to you if it comes to that is to stand up for yourself, your child, and be assertive when it comes to your belongings. I doubt he will fight you for the items you would like to take. No matter what, just be assertive - in asking him what it is he wants (if he wants to stay or go), and also in telling him this is how we'll split our stuff. I'm sure it will work out. I'm not sure what your belief system is - but if you believe in prayer, ask God for extra strength and wisdom in handling this situation and He'll provide that. I wish you the best.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 9:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The allowance is we both work I make the majority of the money... I have our account and he has 2 accounts in his name I give him all of my check but $300 to last me the month (that includes my gas, food, his laundry and anything else that we need) He says he keeps $250-300 every 2 weeks he has a truck and I have a car and he needs more gas but I do pay for the rest. No he has said he was leaving before and didn't we worked it out. But over the past few days the I love yous have left. A few weeks ago he sent me an email how he appreciates me and also around that time how he is thinking of us (me and my son). I have allowed him to go on several trips (Vegas and Boston with guys) and last week hunting (by the way I haven't gone anywhere) he works late most nights so I put our son to sleep, feed him etc.. and always have. THere is mknore to the story and sorry I am ranting but I have noone to talk to.
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• what threw me off was when you said he gives you an allowance.....what the hell is that about? you are the one staying home with a child who is 2 years old....that is stressful on your body and mind but stengthens your heart.....he isnt home to take care of her or you so why cant he just be a man and give you money when you need it? that money is just as much yours as it is his.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010