If you didn't finish college, what has stopped you from continuing?

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 10:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well, you could say I finished, I finished a Associate's degree, but that's not where I want to end. I'm taking a year off, because we moved, and I'm pregnant. After baby is born I'll probably go back in August. :/ I'm NOT liking that idea, because baby will only 3-4 months old depending on start time. I don't want to leave a new baby at home. But I know it's best that I continue my Edu. My hubby is already 24 and just started his masters.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• couldn't afford the books so was kicked out of classes, and couldn't get financial aid =(
    Anonymous

• Well, I took all of my pre-requisite courses fo rthe nursing program and quit because I went into a major depression and pretty much quit my whole life. Then after the depression got to the point that it felt a little under control, I got a new job. The new job takes up about 70% of my time. There are days I get no sleep because I work sooo much that I have no time to do the things I have to do, so I stay up nights trying to get it all done. And the bummer about it is, I make killer money and with the financial situation the way it is, we need every penny I can earn, so I am stuck here until we get bills paid down (or paid off). Once we get to the point my husband can handle the bills himself, I get to go back to school and finish what I started. I pray for lottery winnings constantly!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I wasn't ready. I went to college unprepared for the "culture shock" and failed out. I would like to go back someday but it's not really in the picture right now.
    Anonymous

• I have to work a 40hr week job.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh, this crazy habit I've developed for indoor plumbing

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Having my son has deterred me finishing college. I truly want to go back but I don't have a babysitter and I can't afford daycare. I'm looking into the free daycare on campus but there is a waiting list and my son has Down Syndrome so they are less likely to take a child with special needs. It's frustrating but I will do it. I'm determined. I only have one year of school left and I'm not stopping until I finish and become a teacher. No one should have to push their dream permanently aside.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 11:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Finish? I never got started. However, I have learned that I didn't need college to start my own business. It's successful and I saved thousands of dollars by not taking out student loans.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 11:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I tried going back twice and I've realized that it's just not for me. I'm not going to waste any more money there if I'm just not into it
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i was forced (by parents) to go into a program that paid for my tuition and once i graduated i had to work in that career for the number of years that i was in school. i took the first year of classes and decided that it wasn't something i wanted to waste 10 years of my life doing.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008