my nine month old is teething please help

okay so my nine month old is teething and all he does is cry. and i mean all! i have tried giving him the baby tylenal and teething rings but nothing helps. im going crazy, im pregnant right now so my hormones are all over the place, i have 3 other kids to take care of. im just at a loss of what to do. please help. please

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 9:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 5 mos old DD is teething now, so I feel your pain. She loves a binky that is frozen, or a frozed wash cloth to chew on. I found ibuprophen helps my kids more than tylenon, but all kids are different. Hang in there
    monkiesbugs

Answer by monkiesbugs at 9:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know you have said you tried giving him the teething ring but have you tried freezing it first? Also the seething tablets worked with my dd so try that if all else fails. Good luck with your solution.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I meant teething tablets
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We used to use hylands organic teething pills but they were recalled. So don't use those. We didn't have problems with my son though... I do love organic products. .We used the cold rings as much as possible he mouth was too small though for them.
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• thank you all, i might try the tablets and see if those help. and yes i have tried giving him the teething ring both frozen and un. i just feel like pulling out all my hair. i have 3 other boys and i didnt have much trouble with them at all. so this part is new to me
    michelle.coppes

Comment by michelle.coppes (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• What worked best for my son was toast, and wet washclothes. He didn't like them frozen, but he liked chewing on them. Also ice-water. He drank a lot of that while he was teething. GL Mumma, it does end eventually!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When mine were teething I used to take organic teething biscuits, put them in the freezer and give them to my babies. They loved the taste and the coldness, plus the biscuits were thick and they could chew on them to their hearts content without them turning to mush right away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2010