Stuck on gifts

My dd hardly plays with any toys, even babies. She is going to be 3 in January so I need gift ideas for birthday and Christmas. She likes to color but breaks the crayons, so we got her a crayon maker to be used under supervision, a few movies and I got her a couple things of clothes. There is a tent on its way from target, I thought she would love that, but really can't think of anything else that should would find amazing and actually USE at the same time.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can get one of those coloring things that only uses water and a special pad... also there are "water colors" that is a book and paintbrush you get wet and swipe over it.
    Get her some puzzle like games... manipulatives. Discovery Toys have some good ones...if you look there it might give some ideas on what to get at Target or Walmart... Teachers Tools?
    FierceMomBear

Answer by FierceMomBear at 9:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Books! My dd loves to be read to.
    baby doll
    Kitchen set with plastic food
    Dress up clothes
    sidewalk chalk
    bath paint
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• What about a kids keyboard...or electric drum set...most kids cant tear themselves away from those...lol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• we have all of those things.. side walk chalk she can't really use w/ snow on the ground though.. so that has to be put away for a bit. we have a funn baby doll set w/ stroller etc. purses, jewelry,puzzles, crayons 3 shelfs full of books, even the leap frog learning ones, blocks, cars, stuffed animals, those tiny old fashioned houses made of wood with the full house furniture.... She would rather have a blanket tent made.. that's the problem.. what would you get for the imaginative mind... that is safe to do unattended and not get on the wall?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• we have a piano that she plays with (organ actually), but i'll have to look into the drums!!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My kids are the same way. My son will play with a broken piece of a toy and 1 Lego for hours. What about a bike? It will be for the spring, but it's something all kids need.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• she has a bike and a little 4wheeler. a sand box, little house, golf stuff. Her grammy got her a couple things of clothes so I can't get her more, a new baby alive, a baby blanket, her nana got her a purse tote that you draw on and more clothes, other wise I would say cool we're done..
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• maybe one of those teddy bears you can draw on, then wash, and draw on again? I guess that's supervised though. Sewing kits are creative and fun...I used to love the little square loom with the loops for weaving. good luck mumma
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• There is a fort building set at Toys R Us. It's kind of like giant tinker toys that you put together and then throw a sheet over the top. She might enjoy a flashlight to play with in her fort/tent.

If you don't have Lego Duplos, those are great.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• hmmm, that's a thought
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010