How do you celebrate holidays with no grandparents or sister/brothers or cousins?

Thanks Giving is usually spend with me, dh and son. Christmas Eve we have my mom in law and then Christmas day is just us. Friends have invited to share that day with them this year.

FierceMomBear

Asked by FierceMomBear at 9:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I chose to share these holidays with only my immediate family. I even moved away from the extended family to do so. It's soooo much more enjoyable for me and the girls. I don't have to listen to fighting, arguing, nor do I have to worry about buying gifts for people who really don't need them. I simply buy four gifts and that's it! LUV IT!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Its me and my sons and some friends.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• One year we had friends over and had a ball...there are sooo many times I would rather do friends than the family drama
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Holidays aren't just for celebrating with your blood relatives, they're for celebrating with anybody with whom you are close & is important to you. Holidays are a chance to stop & take a moment to tell someone, whether they're a relative or not, how much they mean to you & how much they add to your life. Yes, it is nice to be with family if you have family to be with, but truly, family is more than blood. Family can be anybody you really care about.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I come from a very small family too. Sometimes I wish there were more people and more activity.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That's me. All there is my parents, my husband, our daughter and his kids (who visit infrequently). There are inlaws, too, but they live out of state and it's not the same as real family.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well i like to celebrate with everybody that can be around the holidays but i do love being with my friends more then my family cause some friends dont really have much family to spend the holidays with
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Its what ever makes you, dh and son want. If you enjoy the time with just the three of you then stick with it. If lots of people is what you like I am sure you can find others that have little or no family around too.
    We get together with my extended family on Christmas eve but just my family with my mom on Christmas day. Kinda nice to relax and enjoy one another.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010