Has anyone bought a laptop skin?

I am looking at buying one for my SO for the holidays.... but it looks like just a big sticker.

Do I really want to pay $16 for a freaking STICKER?!

Has anyone else bought one? Is that all they are?

Is there something different I can buy to fix up the Acer laptop I am getting him for the holidays? He loves zebra print things and Harley Davidson so I want to customize it for him before I give it to him. :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• http://careerbags.com/catalog/laurex-laptop-computer-sleeve-gold-harley-p-1072.html
    here's an example of a sleeve. It's like a case, but generally doesn't have a strap. It's like a bag to put the laptop in before you put it in a carrying bag.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You could get a sleeve.
    I have one on our Macbook. It is basically a big, vinylish sticker, but it protects the outside of the laptop from scratches and dings.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Get some goo gone to help get the stickers and whatnot off. Yanno, they leave that sticky shit behind. Also, FORMAT that laptop. Do you have a copy of windows? I assume that the computer has a Windows COA on it, if you don't have your own copy you can torrent one and use your legit COA to activate it. That's really the only way to ensure that you have a 100% fresh, clean installation of Windows. (This ensures that you don't come across any of your friends home 'movies', credit card information, personal emails, etc.)
    If you need help with it, I would be happy to walk you through it. Just PM me and let me know.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Have you checked prices at Amazon?

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well the one I am buying is used from my friend (she upgraded to a bigger hard drive and stuff - but he has a desktop.. he just likes the idea of having his own laptop and I don't blame him.... I personally only use the laptop) and she had stickers on the cover... so I want to clean those off as good as possible, give him a new look to it to customize it for him and make it not look used. :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2010