What should I do about husbands snoring. It has been 6 months now and I cannot get a good night sleep. What would you do?

RJsMomjam

Asked by RJsMomjam at 10:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• You can try snore strips. You can try snore spray. You can have him see the doctor and get evaluated.

Severe snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea, which can be a dangerous condition.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• oh geeze, I know about that. We've been married 3 1/2 years! I'll wrap the pillow around my head. (that doesn't usually work well! lol) or I'll smack him and tell him to roll over to his other side, where he usually stops. He tried the breathright strips, but they didn't work for him. I'm SUCH a light sleeper, and being pregnant, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to invest in some squishy earplugs soon. I've just been putting it off because my husband is such a heavy sleeper that I get scared if anything were to happen he wouldn't know.
    He also has apnea, but he hasn't been checked for it.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• What GDIAMANTE said...Or sleep in a different bedroom works

Answer by louise2 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Believe it or not, I got used to the snoring somehow! After I had our baby back in June, the snoring is the least of my nighttime worries!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I always pinch my husbands nose until he wakes up from not being able to breathe (only a couple seconds) and I tell him to roll onto his side. That makes it stop until he rolls back onto his back.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Get him to a dr for a sleep study and one of you sleep somewhere else until you find out what's causing his apnea

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• grab his ball sack,and strech them over his face,worked for me ha ha.No i HAVE INSOMNIA AND HAD TO HAVE MY OWN ROOM,i FEEL ,MY SLEEP WAS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS HIS.GOOD LUCK LADIES
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my ex snored loud but i got over it but i know how much it sucks not getting any sleep i would wake him up all through the night until he fixes the problem.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ear Plugs work for me, CVS has nice ones that you can still hear (emergency's) but they block out the snoring level and bring it down so you can sleep.
    I also noticed that as long as the husband doesn't drink alcohol, it doesn't dry him out so bad, if he drinks, he snores really bad!!!
    vstarwoman

Answer by vstarwoman at 10:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I sent my SO to an ENT. Actually, I just told him I would no longer be sharing a bed with him until he saw someone. The ENT did a 3 minute procedure where he widened the nasal passage and *ta-da* no more snoring. 3 years of hell cured in 3 freaking minutes.

I'm sorry, but it was effecting my health and mental health. It was that or seperate bedrooms.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 10:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008